1841 CENSUS: BURIALS: NEWS:
Taken from the Topographical Dictionary of England 1831, Littlebury, a parish in the hundred of Uttlesford, County of Essex 2 miles W.N.W. from Saffron Walden containing 766 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the Jurisdiction of the commissary of Essex and Herts, concurrently with the Consistorial Court of the Bishop of London, rated in the king's books at £10 2.1., and in the patronage of the Rector, the rectory is a sinecure, rated in the king's book at £26.13.4., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Ely. The church, which is dedicated to the Holy Trinity, stands within the area of an ancient encampment. On Chapel Green was formerly a chapel of ease. In 1585, Dame Jane Bradbury bequeathed land and houses for the instruction of all children born in the parish.